We all need one or two,okay, maybe more, kitchen hacks to get those meals prepared in time without leaving the kitchen in a mess and keeping your food fresh at the same time. Here are some kitchen hacks you can borrow.
1.Cover shredded or diced potatoes with cold water before cooking to avoid your potatoes from turning that gross grayish brown colour.
2. Speed up ripening of your fruits by tossing the unripe fruits in a paper bag.
3. Avoid brown sugar from hardening by tossing an orange peel or a slice of apple along with the sugar in an airtight container.
4. Cover leftover food with shower caps to keep bugs and particles from tainting your food. Shower caps are re-usable and easier to use than plastic wrap or cling film.
5. Put eggs in a bowl of cold water to check if they are edible or have gone bad. A good egg sinks while a bad egg floats.
6. Use a cracked eggshell to remove the tiny egg shell pieces that fall inside the eggs you are scrambling, the cracked eggshell acts as a magnet to draw up the shell pieces.
7.When peeling garlic remove all cloves from the bulb then whack each clove with the side of a chefs knife, the peels fall right off.
8. Peel a tomato or potato easily by boiling it then giving it an ice bath (wash with cold water)
9.To open a stuck jar lid , wrap the lid with a rubber band and give it another try.
10 Prevent overboiling by placing a wooden spoon across the sufuria .
These are just a few tips to help you keep that positive vibe in the kitchen. We can always share more , just drop your comment if you like the ones above and would like to see more. Thank you for reading and happy cooking.